Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default clicking all the way to another cell

is there a way of inputing information and when you press enter send it to a
certain cell?

my problem is that I enter information (for example) in cell C15 then G15,
then P15, then I jump down all the way to D59

can anyone help me with this little task?....thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could temporarily hide columns D to F and H to O to make it easier
to enter data across, and you could also hide rows 16 to 58. Unhide
them when finished.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 24, 4:04*pm, jcheko wrote:
is there a way of inputing information and when you press enter send it to a
certain cell?

my problem is that I enter information (for example) in cell C15 then G15,
then P15, then I jump down all the way to D59

can anyone help me with this little task?....thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like you want to jump from cell to cell as you enter data.

There are a few ways of using the Tab key to move through cells in the order you
wish.

See Bob Phillips' site for some of these.

There is another method using VBA with worksheet event code.

Post back if you want to try that.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:04:04 -0700, jcheko
wrote:

is there a way of inputing information and when you press enter send it to a
certain cell?

my problem is that I enter information (for example) in cell C15 then G15,
then P15, then I jump down all the way to D59

can anyone help me with this little task?....thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the page you sent sent me was awesome that is a good tip.

I would like to use the VBA so that I can create a userform were I can enter
the info, so that the info that was entered in the userform can put it in to
the cells I need the information in. thanks.

wrote:

is there a way of inputing information and when you press enter send it to a
certain cell?

my problem is that I enter information (for example) in cell C15 then G15,
then P15, then I jump down all the way to D59

can anyone help me with this little task?....thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want a UserForm to populate cells, that is a whole 'nother matter and
does not require any of the "jump-to" methods I referred to.

For basic userform creation see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlUserForm01.html

Gord