Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help! I can not remember the password to an important Excel workb

I created a great workbook in a prior position that would be useful now.
However, I can't remember the password. Is there someway I can recover the
data or is the password encrypted somehow?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not many people really give out that kind of information for obvious reasons.
You could search google and you'll find plenty of products you could buy to
recover your password.

"burningmeteorite" wrote:

I created a great workbook in a prior position that would be useful now.
However, I can't remember the password. Is there someway I can recover the
data or is the password encrypted somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Google 'Excel Password' You'll find dozens of them. Thirty dollars or less.
Regards,
Alan.

"burningmeteorite" wrote in
message ...
I created a great workbook in a prior position that would be useful now.
However, I can't remember the password. Is there someway I can recover
the
data or is the password encrypted somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Regular viewers of this forum will have seen many requests like yours and
particularly pleas for help when passwords have been lost or stored in files
on a PC that have become corrupt. So FWIW my view is that just about the most
daft place possible to keep passwords is on your PC in any form but the
problem of remembering them does exist so my solution is quite simple and not
prone to systems failure.

I put them on a peice of paper which I look after cery carefully by keeping
it between the pages of the dictionary in my bookcase. I actually use the P
for password page of the dictionary and take the not unresaonable view that
there may be an attempt to hack my PC or rob from my office but it's
extremely unlikely the thief will want to read the dictionary while doing so.

Mike

"burningmeteorite" wrote:

I created a great workbook in a prior position that would be useful now.
However, I can't remember the password. Is there someway I can recover the
data or is the password encrypted somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" I actually...take the not unresaonable view that...it's extremely
unlikely the thief will want to read the dictionary while doing so."

That's just awesome!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 22, 8:05*am, burningmeteorite
wrote:
I created a great workbook in a prior position that would be useful now. *
However, I can't remember the password. *Is there someway I can recover the
data or is the password encrypted somehow?

Hi,

There is a tool called Advanced Excel Repair. I have used it to repair
many damaged Excel xls files successfully. Its homepage is
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ Maybe you can try this tool to recover
your file to the original format.

Alan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you writing that your utility that can repair damaged can also break
passwords?

Or are you just responding without actually reading the actual message?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please Alan, stop pretending in replies such as this that you are giving a
thrird party recommendation. If you want to insist on recommending your
product, then at least have the honesty to say that it is you, rather than
someone else, who is trying to sell it.

Also, if your product is designed to break password protection, why don't
you mention that feature in your webpage?
--
David Biddulph

wrote:
I created a great workbook in a prior position that would be useful now.
However, I can't remember the password. Is there someway I can recover the
data or is the password encrypted somehow?

Hi,

There is a tool called Advanced Excel Repair. I have used it to repair
many damaged Excel xls files successfully. Its homepage is
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ Maybe you can try this tool to recover
your file to the original format.

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this website: http://ensode.net/xls-crack.jsf

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the browse feature to find your
file. It will unlock you file and you will simply need to resave the file
using another name.

Good luck.