Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INDIRECT with raltive name(s)

Hi,

Problem: When I use a relative name in the INDIRECT function I do net
get the right result.

Detail:
To transfer data from one to another sheet I have created relative
names.
On the source sheet the production machines are listed vertically and
the
time periods are listed horizontally. The table contains production
capacities
over the time.
The relative names are like "Source!B$77", so I get the value of
"Source!D77", when I use the rel. name in "Destination!D15" for
example. (same time period)
On the destination sheet I have listed the relative names as text
constants
in Col A, so it would be fine to use it in an INDIRECT function in
order to copy
the formulas down and to avoid inconsistancies
But I always get only the value of "Source!A$77", no matter what's the
cell on "Destination"
I entered the formula.

Regards
Werner