Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default indirect

Hi, how do I get my formula to return the cell above the match?

=INDEX('August Inventory Transactions '!C:C,MATCH(C119,'August Inventory
Transactions '!A:A,0))

Thanks,

Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

=OFFSET(INDEX('August Inventory Transactions '!C:C,MATCH(C119,'August
Inventory Transactions '!A:A,0)),-1,0)

HTH,
Paul

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi, how do I get my formula to return the cell above the match?

=INDEX('August Inventory Transactions '!C:C,MATCH(C119,'August Inventory
Transactions '!A:A,0))

Thanks,

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since =match() returns the number of the row that matched, how about just
subtracting 1?

=INDEX('August Inventory Transactions '!C:C,
MATCH(C119,'August Inventory Transactions '!A:A,0)-1)

ps. I'd get rid of that trailing space at the end of the worksheet name. It
looks like it's just a problem waiting to happen (to me, anyway).

--

Dave Peterson