Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculating product of 2 cells where 1 cell is in percentage

This is driving me nuts. I am a newbie at Excel.

I am trying to build a weight loss progress chart, and I need to
multiple body fat percentage column with body weight (e.g. 22 * 180).
So far so good, it's giving me 3960. But I need it as 39.60. The 22
should be taken as 22/100 and then multiplied by 180. When I tried
(C2*D2/100), its rounding the value to 40. I need 39.60. I don't want
to round it off.

Thanks in advance. I am a newbie and I searched all over but couldn;t
find an answer. May be I am searching incorrectly.