Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Matching specifc dates using Conditonal format

Hi Guys, hopefully someone might be able to help me.

My small problem is this

With a an examination date in say, Cell A1, I would like B1 to Flash up
"green" when the date in B1 is within 1 Month of the date within A1 and "Red"
when the date is past the date in A1. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers i advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select B1
Format|Conditional format - Formula is
=AND($B$1<A1,B1A1-30)
Select green
Add
Cell value is - Greater thanh equal to
=$A$1
Select red
OK

Mike

"Sibbs" wrote:

Hi Guys, hopefully someone might be able to help me.

My small problem is this

With a an examination date in say, Cell A1, I would like B1 to Flash up
"green" when the date in B1 is within 1 Month of the date within A1 and "Red"
when the date is past the date in A1. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers i advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create two rules on B1 as follows:
- By Formula equal to "=IF(B1<A1,TRUE)" - Format Red
- Cell Value between "=EDATE(A1,0)" and "=EDATE(A1,1)" - Format Green

"Sibbs" wrote in message
Hi Guys, hopefully someone might be able to help me.

My small problem is this

With a an examination date in say, Cell A1, I would like B1 to Flash up
"green" when the date in B1 is within 1 Month of the date within A1 and
"Red"
when the date is past the date in A1. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers i advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks mate works a treat. Mow my next questionif you don't mind me asking. I
have different workshheets for different bits of equipment, I.e One for
shackles and and one for slings.

What I would like is to have a main sheet with a "Main" heading for each
type of equipment that will flag up if anything on the other worksheets is
about to go out of date for test. is it possible?

Thanks again.

Andy