Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Conditonal Format of the Grand Total

I have a pivot table that is initially displays expense report items (column)
for employees that are submitted at any time during the year. The Pivot table
page controll lets me pick which month I want to see the expenses for... I
have a column grand total for each expense item and want to apply conditional
formatting to any column grand total that is $0.00. It works only if the
Month I pick is "all". I want this to also work on the Grand Total line is
only 3 emplyees had expenses in March and therefore only 3 rows of data
appears above the grand total line.

Hope this makes sense....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Michelle

In Conditional Formatting use something like
=LEFT(A1,5)="Grand"
and set your format accordingly

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that is initially displays expense report items
(column)
for employees that are submitted at any time during the year. The
Pivot table
page controll lets me pick which month I want to see the expenses
for... I
have a column grand total for each expense item and want to apply
conditional
formatting to any column grand total that is $0.00. It works only if
the
Month I pick is "all". I want this to also work on the Grand Total
line is
only 3 emplyees had expenses in March and therefore only 3 rows of
data
appears above the grand total line.

Hope this makes sense....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK...but I am not following you.

My Grand Totals are on row 80 of the pivot table when all records are shown.
If I enable selection on the Grand Totals row and go to Conditional
formatting what should I pick?

If cell value is equal to :=LEFT(A80,0)="Grand" then format the field
"yellow" did not work. I guess I am doing something wrong. Please help.

"Michelle" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that is initially displays expense report items
(column)
for employees that are submitted at any time during the year. The
Pivot table
page controll lets me pick which month I want to see the expenses
for... I
have a column grand total for each expense item and want to apply
conditional
formatting to any column grand total that is $0.00. It works only if
the
Month I pick is "all". I want this to also work on the Grand Total
line is
only 3 emplyees had expenses in March and therefore only 3 rows of
data
appears above the grand total line.

Hope this makes sense....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Michelle

Mark say A1:F100
Apply conditional formatting as originally shown
=LEFT($A1,5)="Grand"
Note it is ,5 NOT ,0
My apologies for missing the $ sin in front of column A

Providing your PT is less than 80 rows in length and 6 columns wide, it
should work.
If the PT result is greater than this, extend the range A1:F100 as
required before applying Conditional Formatting
--
Regards

Roger Govier