ken

Default why am I unable to save a Excel file on a network drive%3f

I am presently using Windows 2000 and Excel 2003. Whenever I try to save a
file on a networked drive I get an error message indicating the folder is
write protected. I have checked the folder attributes and it is not write
protected.
Ken Wright

Previously posted by Beth Melton

Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250.
Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem.

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"ken" wrote in message
I am presently using Windows 2000 and Excel 2003. Whenever I try to save a
file on a networked drive I get an error message indicating the folder is
write protected. I have checked the folder attributes and it is not write
protected.

Gord Dibben

ken

Probably can't find it because you are running Windows 2000.

The Windows XP update will not affect your OS<g

Gord Dibben Excel MVP