Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D D is offline

Default make a positive number to negative

How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative number
in cell B18?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In B18:

=-B12

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"D" wrote in message ...
| How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative number
| in cell B18?
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:30:00 -0700 from D :
How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative number
in cell B18?

In cell B18 put
=-B12

If B12 is negative that will make B18 positive. If you want B18 to be
negative whether B12 is positive or negative, put this in B18:
=-ABS(B12)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...