-   -   make a positive number to negative (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/181853-make-positive-number-negative.html)

make a positive number to negative

How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative number
in cell B18?

thanks

Niek Otten

make a positive number to negative

In B18:

=-B12

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"D" wrote in message ...
| How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative number
| in cell B18?
|
| thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

make a positive number to negative

In B18, put the formula =-B12.
--
David Biddulph

"D" wrote in message
How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative
number
in cell B18?

thanks

Stan Brown

make a positive number to negative

Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:30:00 -0700 from D :
How can I make a positive number in cell say B12 turn to a negative number
in cell B18?

In cell B18 put
=-B12

If B12 is negative that will make B18 positive. If you want B18 to be
negative whether B12 is positive or negative, put this in B18:
=-ABS(B12)

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...