jeffw

Default How to pull some info into different sheet?

I don't even know enough about this to know how to ask what I want to know. I
have a spreadsheet to track RC Car Racing. It calculates average number of
cars, qualifying and finishing position for each class - I want to be able to
pull from this spreadsheet to show each class - for example, have a 2nd sheet
(or whatever) that pulls just the m18 rows from the "master" and averages
them as well.

Example:

Date Starting Qualified Finished Class
01/01/05 12 1 1 mini-t
02/04/05 8 2 1 m18
02/12/05 5 2 4 mini-t
03/02/05 10 1 2 touring
03/15/05 7 1 1 m18

8.4 1.4 1.8

Junior Member

Use a Pivot table, they are very powerful and very easy to setup
Use Google to fine an introduction to PT manual on the WEB if you like
See attached for a PT with your data

(right click on the table to refresh the PT if you change the data)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw
I don't even know enough about this to know how to ask what I want to know. I
have a spreadsheet to track RC Car Racing. It calculates average number of
cars, qualifying and finishing position for each class - I want to be able to
pull from this spreadsheet to show each class - for example, have a 2nd sheet
(or whatever) that pulls just the m18 rows from the "master" and averages
them as well.

Example:

Date Starting Qualified Finished Class
01/01/05 12 1 1 mini-t