trey braid

Default vlookup...transferring info from 1 sheet to another....

i hope im explaining this correctly... i have 3 sheets within my workbook...
presently ive got 2 set up with a vlookup... worksheet #1 is the primary
where all the info end's up... #2 has the list's on them... im trying to get
the results from sheet #1 to the new one which is#3...
#1 is a prequal form for my clients
#2 has the list's on them
#3 is an actual submission form to be turned in to my office staff

ive already gone in an linked up some other info with =sum and then the
cell- but that was info that had been manually inputted initially....

trey
Myrna Larson

Your information is pretty vague, but this formula in, say, cell K3 of Sheet3,
will retrieve the information from Sheet1!B5 =Sheet1!B5

#1 is a prequal form for my clients
#2 has the list's on them
#3 is an actual submission form to be turned in to my office staff

ive already gone in an linked up some other info with =sum and then the
cell- but that was info that had been manually inputted initially....

trey

trey braid

that didnt work...i got a name error... this is what im trying to do... my
prequal-sheet1 has a vlookup to sheet2 which has a list of all my clients...
once the client is chosen i want that choice to be transferred automatically
to sheet 3 which is my submittal form... i hope this make's it a little
cleared what im trying to do...
thanks
trey

#1 is a prequal form for my clients
#2 has the list's on them
#3 is an actual submission form to be turned in to my office staff

ive already gone in an linked up some other info with =sum and then the
cell- but that was info that had been manually inputted initially....

trey

Biff

Hey Trey!

What Myrna suggested should work.

Did you replace "Sheet1" with the actual sheet name?

Or better yet, just select the cell on "sheet3" and enter
= then navigate to "sheet1" and select the target cell
with your mouse. Then hit enter or click the
green "checkmark" to the left of the formula bar.

Biff

#1 is the primary