cookie gal

Default How do I create a total sheet that will pull info from all my she.

I want to create a totals sheet that will pull from two different cells on
all my pages and create a totals sheet that will list all the information I
want to see from all my separate pages on just one sheet. Any ideas how I
can do this?
Ken Wright

One way, but - Caveat to below is that each of your tabs from SUMMARY and
START to FINISH need to be IDENTICAL in terms of structure and cell
references. For example if your data was date related and you had say March
2004 data in cell D4 on one tab, it MUST be in D4 on every tab within the
range of tabs you wish to sum.

The following assumes you were starting from scratch, but it may be useful
anyway, although you probably only need the last part of the note.

Create your file and get one sheet exactly the way you want it to be (Take
your time and get it right, because now is the time to do this) - Now right
click on the tab and select move or copy and then tick the little box that
says create a copy. Now repeat that until you have as many sheets as you
need PLUS at least 3 more. You can select say 2,3,4,5,6,7.... sheet tabs at
once and then do move or copy..... and it will copy as many as you have
selected. Now ignore the first 2 sheets and start naming them all say
Week 1, Week 2 or a,b,c etc and so on. Name the first sheet Summary,
the second sheet START, and your very last sheet FINISH.

Now click on your Summary sheet and in A1 put
=SUM(START:FINISH!A1) which will pull in any data from A1 pulling from START
sheet to FINISH sheet and including any sheets in between. As long as any
sheets you add to the file are in between START and FINISH sheets, they will
get pulled into the total, no matter what you call them. Now if you want to
you can also hide your START and FINISH
sheets.

In a 3D perspective, What you end up with is something like:-

SUMMARY START sht1 sht2 sht3 sht4.... FINISH

Regards