Jenn

Default Transfer data from sheet to sheet

I'm currently working on a quotation and I have 3 seperate worksheets I'm
working with.

Sheet 1 has all the model name, elevation, part description, quantity, cost
per piece and total. This worksheet is for internal use only.

Sheet 2 has all the products and prices listed. (Probably has no purpose for
my question)

Now Sheet 3 is where I am trying to pull only certain data from Sheet 1.
What I am trying to do is transfer only the columns labeled "model name",
"elevation" and "total" Obviously the easy way to do it is to just cut and
paste but since we will be continuing to use this worksheet as standard
format, we want to stay away from cutting and pasting. Plus the other problem
with that is that the column that has the total has a formula which
calculates a few of the other columns to give that total therefore cutting
and pasting a formala won't work on my 3rd worksheet.

Is there a way to have the third worksheet set so that whatever data is
entered onto Sheet 1, Sheet 3 will have to same data minus the unwanted
columns?

I have tried to use the PivotTable function but it doesn't seem to be
working for me. I have read up on several resourses about the PivotTable
function and was convinced that this is where I am supposed to be but
everything I have tried hasn't given me the right table that I am looking for.

Anybody's help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Gary Rowe

In sheet three click on the cell where you want information from sheet 1,
type = and then click on the cell you want to information from on sheet one
and hit enter. This will put a formula referring to the item in sheet 1.

"Jenn" wrote:

[...]

IanRoy

Hi, Jenn;
Easy. On Sheet 3 at the top cell of the column you want to mirror the model
names, enter =, select sheet 1, select the cell containing "model name," and
click the green check mark in the formula bar. You will be returned to Sheet
3, with that top cell selected, and containing the appropriate formula (it
will look something like =Sheet1!A1 in the formula bar, and display "model
name" in the cell). Click the lower right corner of that cell, and drag it
down to fill the column as far as you want. Repeat for the "elevation" and
"total" columns.
Regards,
IanRoy

"Jenn" wrote:

[...]

Jenn

IanRoy,

Thank you very much. It worked out perfect. The hard things don't give me
trouble to figure out but the simplest things cause me headaches.

Thanks again!!!!!

Jenn