Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula works on all but one worksheet

I have the following formula:

=SUMIF(DST.txt!$A:$A,B4,DST.txt!$B:$B)

In my problem worksheet to resolves to 0.00. When I place this formula
in a new workbook it works fine. The cell is not set to text, it is
set to currency format.

If I change the formula to refer to itself rather than an external
workbook it works fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't understand the DST.txt part - is this meant to refer to sheet
txt in file DST? If so, it won't work. Or is it to sheet DST.txt in
the same file? The correct syntax if it is in another file is:

'full_path[filename.xls]sheet_name'

The apostrophes are needed if you have any spaces in that string. If
the file is open, then you don't need the full_path part.

Perhaps the data in column B is really text values that just look like
numbers, or that you don't have a complete match in column A with what
you have in cell B4.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 25, 4:55*pm, Bill Schanks wrote:
I have the following formula:

=SUMIF(DST.txt!$A:$A,B4,DST.txt!$B:$B)

In my problem worksheet to resolves to 0.00. When I place this formula
in a new workbook it works fine. The cell is not set to text, it is
set to currency format.

If I change the formula to refer to itself rather than an external
workbook it works fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DST.txt is an open file. It is a text file that is opened to be able
to link to.

Also, I found that the formula will work if the lookup value is
'123-4', but if it is '1234' it doesn't.