Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulas displayed in all of my cells

I had a completed worksheet that was working properly. Somehow, the sheet
was changed so that every cell displays the formula instead of the result.
Date cells display the absolute date number. I don't know how it happened,
and I don't know how to get it back. I can not simply reformat the cell, and
I don't see any sheet formatting functions or view functions that would
globally fix.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

From the Excel Main Menu:
<tools<options<view...UNcheck: Formulas

or...the shortcut....
Ctrl+~..........That's: Hold down the Ctrl key and press ~

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"electric utility engineer" <electric utility
wrote in message
I had a completed worksheet that was working properly. Somehow, the sheet
was changed so that every cell displays the formula instead of the result.
Date cells display the absolute date number. I don't know how it
happened,
and I don't know how to get it back. I can not simply reformat the cell,
and
I don't see any sheet formatting functions or view functions that would
globally fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsOptionsDisplay tagUncheck Formulae checkbox
Regards,
Stefi

€˛electric utility engineer€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I had a completed worksheet that was working properly. Somehow, the sheet
was changed so that every cell displays the formula instead of the result.
Date cells display the absolute date number. I don't know how it happened,
and I don't know how to get it back. I can not simply reformat the cell, and
I don't see any sheet formatting functions or view functions that would
globally fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks very much. I did it both ways. The short cut was especially helpful
because it explained how I did it. I was leaning over the left side of my
keyboard to unplug the power cord from the back of the docking station, and I
must have hit the two shortcut keys. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

From the Excel Main Menu:

wrote in message
I had a completed worksheet that was working properly. Somehow, the sheet
was changed so that every cell displays the formula instead of the result.
Date cells display the absolute date number. I don't know how it
happened,
and I don't know how to get it back. I can not simply reformat the cell,
and
I don't see any sheet formatting functions or view functions that would
globally fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're very welcome.....I'm glad I could help.

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"electric utility engineer"
wrote in message
Thanks very much. I did it both ways. The short cut was especially
helpful
because it explained how I did it. I was leaning over the left side of my
keyboard to unplug the power cord from the back of the docking station,
and I
must have hit the two shortcut keys. Thanks for taking the time to help
me.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

From the Excel Main Menu:

wrote in message
I had a completed worksheet that was working properly. Somehow, the
sheet
was changed so that every cell displays the formula instead of the
result.
Date cells display the absolute date number. I don't know how it
happened,