Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data not displayed in cells

All my data from 2 spreadsheets has disappeared overnight. Formulas, dates
etc appear as individual cells are highlighted. New typing appears in
formula bar but not in cell.
Help please.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you say the data appears as you highlight the cell, does it appear in
the cell or just the formula bar?

Has the color of the font been changed to white for all the cells?

"jez35000" wrote:

All my data from 2 spreadsheets has disappeared overnight. Formulas, dates
etc appear as individual cells are highlighted. New typing appears in
formula bar but not in cell.
Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RandyL
No, when I highlight the cell the formula or any other content appears
only the formula bar. No, font colour not altered. Any ideas?

"jez35000" wrote:

All my data from 2 spreadsheets has disappeared overnight. Formulas, dates
etc appear as individual cells are highlighted. New typing appears in
formula bar but not in cell.
Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this ...

Select the entire spreadsheet.

Then select FORMAT.CELLS.NUMBER

Select GENERAL and click OK.

This will undo any formatting that prevents the display of cell content. It
may solve your problem and it may not. Good Luck

B+
HALinNY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but doesn't work. I've managed to recover my data by saving the
spreadsheet with a different file name onto a USB stick and then reopening on
another computer, but I can't still open the file on original laptop with any
data showing in cells, even with the new file name. Affects only 2
spreadsheets of several! Weird. Any more ideas gratefuly received.

"HALinNY" wrote:

Try this ...

Select the entire spreadsheet.

Then select FORMAT.CELLS.NUMBER

Select GENERAL and click OK.

This will undo any formatting that prevents the display of cell content. It
may solve your problem and it may not. Good Luck

B+
HALinNY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No it isn't. I must have done something I didn't realise when I last had
these two spreadsheet open as its only two spreadsheets out of many excel
files I use which are affected. Thanks anyway.