Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Variable Worksheet Name in Formula

Good morning --

I have a workbook storing similar data on multiple worksheets. I have a
'Report' page, from which I'd like to abstract the right person's data onto a
jpeg form and print it out. I'd like to be able to put the person's name in
a cell at the top of the page, and have formulas extract the data from the
associated worksheet.

So, if I have worksheets labeled 'Smith', 'Jones', and 'Wesson', on the
'Report' sheet I'd like to put 'Smith' in, say, cell B1 and have a formula
pick up that value and go to the 'Smith' page to pull in the info from, say,
cell C50.

Is that possible without VBA code?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDIRECT(B1 & "!C50")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200773
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gary's Student --

Grasshopper, you are a student no longer! Many thanks. Saved me DAYS of
work.

(If you're too young for the 'grasshopper' reference -- congrats, and I can
let you know where it's from...)

peter

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=INDIRECT(B1 & "!C50")