Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default Variable Worksheet Name in Formula

Good morning --

I have a workbook storing similar data on multiple worksheets. I have a
'Report' page, from which I'd like to abstract the right person's data onto a
jpeg form and print it out. I'd like to be able to put the person's name in
a cell at the top of the page, and have formulas extract the data from the
associated worksheet.

So, if I have worksheets labeled 'Smith', 'Jones', and 'Wesson', on the
'Report' sheet I'd like to put 'Smith' in, say, cell B1 and have a formula
pick up that value and go to the 'Smith' page to pull in the info from, say,
cell C50.

Is that possible without VBA code?

TIA