Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How stop Excel default display of pasted number as scientific equa

How do I stop excel from displaying stings of numbers pasted or imported into
excel as a scientific equation? Like 5.73E+08 when the real part number is
549575667.
The data displayed in the formula bar is the correct full number but Excel
displays the data with the decimal and "+", it does this with imported data
from Monarch as well as just a cut and paste from another program.
If it is one or two number s I can retype directly and it will not happen
but I am pulling data lists with thousands of part numbers. This problems
seems worse now that I have Office 2007.
Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you enter 549575667 into a cell with a standard width of 8.43
characters, (64 pixels), Excel will display that as 5.5E+08 which is
scientific format not a scientific equation. All mathematical equations have
an = sign in them to equate one thing to another such as 3x = 12. To see
the characters in the cell, simply make the cell wider. If the number is in
cell A1, click on the separator bar between the column A and B headings and
drag to the right until the number appears with all of its digits.

Tyro