Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Workday function in XL2000

My company is still running Excel 2000. Is there a work-around to
getting workday? For example, if I reference a cell with the date Jan
23 in it, i'd like the formula to tell me how many workdays were in
Jan up to and including that date. Thanks for your help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's a workaround (from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm):

Creating A Series Of Workdays

If you want to create a series of dates in a column, consisting of
only weekdays (Monday through Fridays), enter your starting date in a
cell (A4, in the example), and then enter the following formula in the
cell below that cell.

=IF(WEEKDAY(A4)=7,A4+2,IF(WEEKDAY(A4)=6,A4+3,A4+1) )

Then use Fill Down to fill out your entire series of dates.

You would then have to remove any holidays that appear (see
http://tinyurl.com/yrqldt) and use the COUNTA function to sum them.

ps- are you sure WORKDAY doesn't work in XL 2000?

HTH,
JP

On Mar 11, 8:04*pm, Steve wrote:
My company is still running Excel 2000. *Is there a work-around to
getting workday? *For example, if I reference a cell with the date Jan
23 in it, i'd like the formula to tell me how many workdays were in
Jan up to and including that date. *Thanks for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds as if you don't have theAnalysis Toolpak installed.

If you don't need holidays, you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A1-DAY(A1)+1)),2)<6))

--
---
HTH

Bob