Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Workday function in XL2000

Here's a workaround (from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm):

Creating A Series Of Workdays

If you want to create a series of dates in a column, consisting of
only weekdays (Monday through Fridays), enter your starting date in a
cell (A4, in the example), and then enter the following formula in the
cell below that cell.

=IF(WEEKDAY(A4)=7,A4+2,IF(WEEKDAY(A4)=6,A4+3,A4+1) )

Then use Fill Down to fill out your entire series of dates.

You would then have to remove any holidays that appear (see
http://tinyurl.com/yrqldt) and use the COUNTA function to sum them.

ps- are you sure WORKDAY doesn't work in XL 2000?

HTH,
JP

On Mar 11, 8:04*pm, Steve wrote:
My company is still running Excel 2000. *Is there a work-around to
getting workday? *For example, if I reference a cell with the date Jan
23 in it, i'd like the formula to tell me how many workdays were in
Jan up to and including that date. *Thanks for your help!!