Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Project values?

Hi,

I have the following data and need to know how to get the future value for
next coming years. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Yr1 Yr2 Yr3
Item#1 3693 2715 1887
Item#2 2247 174 180
Item#3 395 438 371
Item#4 30 48 45
Item#5 14489 11535 4388
Item#6 7175 6071 2810
Item#7 512 434 320

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the data only.
Press the right mouse button and drag the fill handle
(at the bottom right corner of the selection) to the right.
When you let up on the mouse button a popup menu appears.
Choose "Linear Trend" or "Growth Trend".

For what it is worth, your own estimate might be more accurate.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"panda"
wrote in message
Hi,
I have the following data and need to know how to get the future value for
next coming years. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Yr1 Yr2 Yr3
Item#1 3693 2715 1887
Item#2 2247 174 180
Item#3 395 438 371
Item#4 30 48 45
Item#5 14489 11535 4388
Item#6 7175 6071 2810
Item#7 512 434 320

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Thanks Jim for your prompt reply.

Somehow it does not give me the pop up menu to select my option.

I used the GROWTH option but i am getting error #NUM message for item#3 and
4. Any reason for that?

Thank you,

wrote in message
Hi,
I have the following data and need to know how to get the future value for
next coming years. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Yr1 Yr2 Yr3
Item#1 3693 2715 1887
Item#2 2247 174 180
Item#3 395 438 371
Item#4 30 48 45
Item#5 14489 11535 4388
Item#6 7175 6071 2810
Item#7 512 434 320

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you do not get a popup menu, how are you able to choose the Growth trend option?

Note: Your cursor will turn into a cross when you are over the bottom right corner
of the selection. At that point, press the right mouse button and fill to the right.
Also Note: if you drag to the right using the left mouse button, you automatically get
Linear trend values.

I do not know why you are getting #Num values.
My comments do not apply to a Mac computer or XL2007.
--

wrote in message
Hi,
I have the following data and need to know how to get the future value for
next coming years. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Yr1 Yr2 Yr3
Item#1 3693 2715 1887
Item#2 2247 174 180
Item#3 395 438 371
Item#4 30 48 45
Item#5 14489 11535 4388
Item#6 7175 6071 2810
Item#7 512 434 320

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jim,

I am using office 2003. This is how i entered the GROWTH (using formula).

a b c d
e f
row 36 Yr1 Yr2
Yr3 Yr4
row 39 Item#1 395 438 371
*****

***** in cell f39 i used this formula = GROWTH(C39:E39,C36:E36,F36)

becasue the data does not increased in this case Yr3 decreased, i got the
#NUM! error. Is this correct?

I used the way you recommended and it worked.

Thank you,

wrote in message
Hi,
I have the following data and need to know how to get the future value for
next coming years. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Yr1 Yr2 Yr3
Item#1 3693 2715 1887
Item#2 2247 174 180
Item#3 395 438 371
Item#4 30 48 45
Item#5 14489 11535 4388
Item#6 7175 6071 2810
Item#7 512 434 320

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter 1 thru 6 respectively in cells C36:H36 (use numbers only)
Enter 395, 438, 371 respectively in cells C39:E39
Enter this formula in F39 and fill across three columns...
=GROWTH($C$39:$E$39,$C$36:$E$36,F36)