Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MC82

Default Help with a project

Im in need of a little help for a project that was just assigned to me.

Basically what my manager wants is to have a macro that will produce a
list of the different combinations possible. Based of 5-6 columns that
she has provided.

I attached a image of what I am trying to accomplish

I would appreciate any help, or advise. I just need to know what kind
of functions I will need to use or websites that might have a solution.
If its not possible, I would like to know that too. Thanks for any
help.

|Filename: Excel.gif |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4245 |

MC82
MC82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18682
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503037

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

M,

There are 720 ways to display six different values. ( 1*2*3*4*5*6).
Suggest you download my free Excel add-in "Display Word Permutations"
from he http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

Enter the six column letters and let it run.
It will provide a list in a single column of all 720 possibilities, from acdefg to gfedca.
Use Text to Columns to separate the list into six columns.
Use Edit | Replace to change each column letter to the appropriate word.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"MC82"wrote in message
Im in need of a little help for a project that was just assigned to me.
Basically what my manager wants is to have a macro that will produce a
list of the different combinations possible. Based of 5-6 columns that
she has provided.
I attached a image of what I am trying to accomplish
I would appreciate any help, or advise. I just need to know what kind
of functions I will need to use or websites that might have a solution.
If its not possible, I would like to know that too. Thanks for any
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MC82

Hi Jim, Thanks for the input. I did as you suggested, one of the
criterias that I left out is that the columns need to stay in the same
order, what changes is the value of the column. Not sure if that makes
sense.

--
MC82
MC82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18682
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=503037

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

M,

If your original data has any more rows than that shown in the example,
then I don't believe Excel has enough rows to display the requested lay out.
Even if it would fit, someone would have to pay me write the code.
But there are a lot smarter people than me contributing here who
may some ideas.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA