Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple field count function use

I have a criteria where I want to count a line of data if one date field is
filled in and another date field is empty (I want it to count the phone
interview completed but not entered into the system). How do I establish
this? I have the one set up to count those entered through a countif
function but I don't want to double count those that have been contacted and
entered by using the same formula to count the ones contacted. I read the
used to determine whether or not to count the line of data.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.
--
Judy Rose Cohen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is very confusing:

I have the one set up to count those entered through a countif
function but I don't want to double count those that have been
contacted and entered by using the same formula to count
the ones contacted.

Can you post a small example and the expected result?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Judy Rose" wrote in message
I have a criteria where I want to count a line of data if one date field is
filled in and another date field is empty (I want it to count the phone
interview completed but not entered into the system). How do I establish
this? I have the one set up to count those entered through a countif
function but I don't want to double count those that have been contacted
and
entered by using the same formula to count the ones contacted. I read the
criteria
used to determine whether or not to count the line of data.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.
--
Judy Rose Cohen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Judy Rose

With first date in column A and second date in column B
=COUNTA(A:A)-COUNTIF(B:B,"<")

The first part counts all the rows in column A with Dates, and the second
part deducts all those cells in column B which are not empty
Change ranges to suit.
--
Regards
Roger Govier