Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Percentages

I am a pure novice at pivot tables.

I have data that is organized in the following fields
Region (1 through 5)
Agency
Level Of Care
Utilization Nov 07 (This is formatted as a percentage - Example 86%)
Utilization Dec 07 (Also a percentage - Example 120%)
Utilization Jan 08 (Also a percentage)

The problem I have is that when I bring the data into the pivot table it
shows up as a general number (Example - 1, 2 or 3).
When I change the format in the pivot table to percentage, I get 100% or 200%.

I get the same result if I format the original data to number (Example - .86
or 1.2) before I bring it to the pivot table and then try to reformat it
after it is in the table.

--
Thanks

You all are teaching me so much
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I drop 'Region' to the Row field and drop 'Utilization' on the
column field, I am able to see the percentages. Perhaps if you explain
what outcome you are looking for, and some sample data, someone might
be able to assist further.

HTH,
JP