Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GP GP is offline

Default Calculating Percentages in Pivot Table

Hi:

I need a little help with this. I know it is possible to get a
percentage in the data section but I can only get the percentage of the
Grand Total but I want to get the percentage of a different field.
Below is an example of what I am trying to do.

Name Acct Fund DeptID Program Proj/Grt Total Percentage
Doe, John 5125 10 620200 1,640.78 70%
31 630310 107110256 703.20 30%
5125 Sum 2,343.98
5305 10 620200 285.71 70%
31 630310 107110256 122.45 30%
5305 Sum 408.16
5330 10 620200 23.55 70%
31 630310 107110256 10.09 30%
5330 Sum 33.64
Doe, John Total 2,785.78

Above is what I want my results to look like but I have not been able
to get the Percentage column to calculate correctly. Any help is
greatly appreciated!!

Gerald

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's no option to calculate the percent of a subtotal in a pivot
table. You could do the calculation outside of the PivotTable.

Or, you may be able to move one of the row fields to the column area,
and use the % Of Column calculation to show the percentages. There's an
example he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures