-   -   Calculating Percentages in Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/120226-calculating-percentages-pivot-table.html)

GP

Calculating Percentages in Pivot Table

Hi:

I need a little help with this. I know it is possible to get a
percentage in the data section but I can only get the percentage of the
Grand Total but I want to get the percentage of a different field.
Below is an example of what I am trying to do.

Name Acct Fund DeptID Program Proj/Grt Total Percentage
Doe, John 5125 10 620200 1,640.78 70%
31 630310 107110256 703.20 30%
5125 Sum 2,343.98
5305 10 620200 285.71 70%
31 630310 107110256 122.45 30%
5305 Sum 408.16
5330 10 620200 23.55 70%
31 630310 107110256 10.09 30%
5330 Sum 33.64
Doe, John Total 2,785.78

Above is what I want my results to look like but I have not been able
to get the Percentage column to calculate correctly. Any help is
greatly appreciated!!

Gerald

Debra Dalgleish

Calculating Percentages in Pivot Table

There's no option to calculate the percent of a subtotal in a pivot
table. You could do the calculation outside of the PivotTable.

Or, you may be able to move one of the row fields to the column area,
and use the % Of Column calculation to show the percentages. There's an
example he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures