Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default test data in two columns, return totals

Hi,

I would like to test numbers in two columns against each other and count the
amount. EG - how many in column A within interval 1 to 2 but only if number
in column B (same row) is within interval 3 to 4. Columns are very long and
simply want to know how many rows match my criteria.

Can do this as a macro, but would like to use worksheet functions. If you
know, please tell me the names of the functions that i would need to use.
Don't need exact statements unless what I am asking is complex.

Eugene
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

try:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A71),--(A1:A7<2),--(B1:B73),--(B1:B7<4))
change ranges as needed and change < to <= and to = if needed.

"eugene" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to test numbers in two columns against each other and count the
amount. EG - how many in column A within interval 1 to 2 but only if number
in column B (same row) is within interval 3 to 4. Columns are very long and
simply want to know how many rows match my criteria.

Can do this as a macro, but would like to use worksheet functions. If you
know, please tell me the names of the functions that i would need to use.
Don't need exact statements unless what I am asking is complex.

Eugene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

quite welcome