Freeze unused cells

Default Excel: How can I freeze some of a workbook

I am trying to freeze the unused cells so that I do not have to use the arrow
keys at the end of the data.
Gord Dibben

Hiding the unused rows and columns then protecting the sheet is one method.

Setting the scrollarea using VBA is another method.

Note: Setting ScrollArea is good for that session only and only the
activesheet. Has to be reset next time workbook is opened.

Best to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module and
specify which worksheet.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:M36"
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP