Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I set up an Excel workbook to convert GMT to EST?

I'm trying to use Excel to make a converter between GMT and EST/EST DST.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Great, works well. Can I impose on you to do it in reverse? I just don't
have the skills in Excel to reverse it. Thanks again.

I'm trying to use Excel to make a converter between GMT and EST/EST DST.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"49 forever" wrote:

I'm trying to use Excel to make a converter between GMT and EST/EST DST.

With EST/EDT in A1, given the current rules, then:

=A1+5/24+IF(AND(A1=DATE(YEAR(A1),3,15)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),3,14))
+2/24,A1<DATE(YEAR(A1),11,8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),11,7))+2/24),-1/24,0)

should probably work to return UTC.
--ron