Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "Make text continue from worksheet 1 onto worksheet 2"

I have a similar problem of trying to wrap text to a separate, non adjacent
cell when the first is full. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

"Vegas Van" wrote:

I have 3 sheets and on sheet 1 I have two sections for comments. Each comment
section has 13 rows that have columns A-I merged. On sheet 2 I also have two
comment sections using the same column setup but with 23 rows. At the end of
the 13th row on sheet 1 for each section, I want the text to continue
automatically onto sheet 2 per each section. The Excel form will be stored on
a shared drive.
I also want sheet 2 to print onto the back of sheet 1 no matter who prints
off any printer and all our printers have book printing available. I don't
want to have to change the printer setting each time I print the form.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How will Excel know the cell is full?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:45:01 -0800, FTK101
wrote:

I have a similar problem of trying to wrap text to a separate, non adjacent
cell when the first is full. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good question. I guess I would also have to know how to limit the amount of
text in each cell. I have been trying VB code with MaxLenth and AutoTab, but
have not been successful yet. If anyone knows how to write these
subs,macros,properties, or however they should be set up to be effective,
please let me know! Thanks!

wrote:

I have a similar problem of trying to wrap text to a separate, non adjacent
cell when the first is full. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Macros won't run while you're entering a value/formula in a cell. So that
approach won't work.

You could use data|validation, but it only catches restrictictions when the user
tries to leave the cell (or hit enter). This probably wouldn't work the way
you'd like.

One approach may be to design a userform with a textbox that gets the value from
the user. You can determine the length of the textbox after each change the
user makes.

When the limit is reached, you could do what you want.

Here are a couple of references:

Debra Dalgleish's site:
Http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

and these articles by Peter Aiken:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.10).aspx

--

Dave Peterson