Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem with special cell formatting

When I specify 'Social Security Number' as the format and enter 123456789,
the display is 001-23-4567. The same addition of 2 leading zeroes happens
for phone number and zip code as well. Is there a default setting that I may
have inadvertently changed?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bill,

Use Tools / Options.... Edit tab, uncheck "Fixed decimal entry"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP