Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I am using $ #'s without decimals When it totals it adds total #

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please include a well described question in the body of your post

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When using excel, I use rounded $#'s and need it to toal as such. Example:
$2.35 rounds to $2.
$2.35 rounds to $2.=$4 excel totals =$5 do to the .35+.35=.70 rounding up to
$5
I am using this in a propsal and 2+2=5 that's my problem

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Please include a well described question in the body of your post

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In A1 enter =ROUND(2.35,0) returns 2

In A2 enter =ROUND(2.35,0) returns 2

In A3 enter =A1 + A2

You should see 4 in A3

What do you see and/or want to see?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Please include a well described question in the body of your post

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to do calculations with rounded values, then you can produce
rounded values, so you could use =ROUND(A2,0)+ROUND(B2,0) instead of =A2+B2.

Another option is to format the cells to zero decimals, and then use Tools/
Options/ Calculation: Precision as displayed, but be aware that this can
cause confusion elsewhere.
--
David Biddulph