Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bleu_808

Default Total only those cells with Sum totals

Hello - I knew I forgot something in my previous question!

As I said in an earlier post In column J, I have a series of cells I
want to sum at the first blank. ie

4
5
8
(blank)
8
0
2
5
(blank)

I want those blanks to sum the previous few cells, and to be bold. Then
- How can I get a total at the end of the column of ONLY those cells
with a sum in them?

Sorry about two posts - trying to do too many things at once :)

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Assume your values start in J2, in K2 put

One way

=IF(J2="",SUM($J$2:J2)-SUM($K$1:K1),"")

copy down

then format as bold or select the second column and use formatconditional
formatting cell value not equal to ="" then format bold font

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Bleu_808" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello - I knew I forgot something in my previous question!

As I said in an earlier post In column J, I have a series of cells I
want to sum at the first blank. ie

4
5
8
(blank)
8
0
2
5
(blank)

I want those blanks to sum the previous few cells, and to be bold. Then
- How can I get a total at the end of the column of ONLY those cells
with a sum in them?

Sorry about two posts - trying to do too many things at once :)

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bleu_808

This worked for me! Thanks so much!