Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying data entered in the last cell of a row on the same spreads

I would like to create a formula where I can copy a date entered in the last
cell of a row on the same spreadsheet.

I would like to insert the formula starting in C2. For example, in row 2 of
my spreadsheet, if cell H2 (last one) has a date, copy the date to C2. But
if H2 is blank, copy F2 to C2 if F2 has a date. But, if F2 is blank, copy D2
to C2 if D2 has a date. The cells I would like checked are not adjacent to
each other.

I hope this is makes sense. Please let me know if you need clarification.
Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assuming the dates could lie within E2:IV2,
think you could try this in C2, array-entered**:
=INDEX(E2:IV2,MAX((ISNUMBER(E2:IV2)*COLUMN(E2:IV2) )-4))
Format C2 as date

*Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula
--
Max
Singapore
"Jennifer" wrote:
I would like to create a formula where I can copy a date entered in the last
cell of a row on the same spreadsheet.

I would like to insert the formula starting in C2. For example, in row 2 of
my spreadsheet, if cell H2 (last one) has a date, copy the date to C2. But
if H2 is blank, copy F2 to C2 if F2 has a date. But, if F2 is blank, copy D2
to C2 if D2 has a date. The cells I would like checked are not adjacent to
each other.

I hope this is makes sense. Please let me know if you need clarification.
Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:46:00 -0800, Jennifer
wrote:

I would like to create a formula where I can copy a date entered in the last
cell of a row on the same spreadsheet.

I would like to insert the formula starting in C2. For example, in row 2 of
my spreadsheet, if cell H2 (last one) has a date, copy the date to C2. But
if H2 is blank, copy F2 to C2 if F2 has a date. But, if F2 is blank, copy D2
to C2 if D2 has a date. The cells I would like checked are not adjacent to
each other.

I hope this is makes sense. Please let me know if you need clarification.
Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!

A date is a number in Excel, merely presented in a date format.

Accordingly

=LOOKUP(1E+307,D2:IV2)

will return the last numeric entry in row 2 to the right of cell C2. (For
Excel 2007, you may want to extend the range).

--ron