Justin

Default Is it possible to Select Data on a Graph/Zoom to it in the Spreads

Is it possible to select a group of data on a graph/cross-plot and then ZOOM
to or HIGHLIGHT that data in the spreadsheet? I hope it's possible
and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for your time.
Justin
Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

Justin wrote:
Is it possible to select a group of data on a graph/cross-plot and then ZOOM
to or HIGHLIGHT that data in the spreadsheet? I hope it's possible
and I am just not smart enough to figure it out. Thanks for your time.
Justin

-------------------------------

You can't exactly do it directly, BUT... Go look at this web page:

http://oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp

Scroll down the page to find FunChrt7.zip which provides an example of
how to finesse Excel into providing what you want. It allows you to
scroll/zoom the chart and if you click on one of the bars on the chart
it highlights the data points on the spreadsheet which are used for it.

Good luck...

Bill
Justin

Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the file out. It's close to what I'm
talking about. I have a scatterplot of data. The location of the data on
the chart represents the likelihood of the sample to contain hydrocarbons. I
want to grab the data in the hydrocarbon window from the chart and see it in
the spread sheet. This data won't be in a block on the spreadsheet, it will
be scattered throughout the spreadsheet. I hope this is making sense. Let
me know if you have any other thoughts. Thanks for your time!
Justin