Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change color of cell when different cell has data entered

I have a spreadsheet that contains data for shipping information from a
separate spreadsheet. I have several things I want to accomplish and not
sure how to do it. Your help is appreciated.

What I did was set up a second spreadsheet that is viewed by a different
office. The information in their spreadsheet is pulled from a spreadsheet in
our office. I did the following formula (entry):

='[VentSure Day Tracking.xls]VentSure Days Fiscal 2008'!A58 (this is the
information in Cell B3)

I want the cell B3 to change to hot pink when data is entered into cell K3
on the same worksheet.

I also want the enire row except cells R3, S3, AE3 & AF3 in the original
worksheet ('[VentSure Day Tracking.xls]VentSure Days Fiscal 2008'!)to also
change to hot pink

I hope this is clear enough to understand what I'm trying to do. The color
change to pink will notify those that need to know that the shipment has gone
out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

check conditional formating in help