Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Moving Macros

I have been tasked with moving one persons Excel macros on one computer
resource to another persons computer resource. Being unfamiliar with this
task or macros, can anyone offer me suggestions/recommendations/how to steps?

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cheri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Macros can live in workbooks, add-ins or perhaps in a user's Personal.xls
workbook so may not be easy.

My guess is the Personal.xls has been used on comp1 to store macros.

You can copy that file to comp2 but that will overwrite the comp2's Personal.xls
which may not be desirable if that Personal.xls has personalized macros..

In that case I would save comp1's Personal.xls as an Add-in named MyMacros and
copy that to comp2.

Or I would export the modules from personal.xls(1) as *.bas files.

Those files could be imported to personal.xls(2)

If computer 2 has no Personal.xls just copy that one file from comp 1 to comp 2

Personal.xls will usually be found in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

If macros are anywhere else like in individual workbooks then that is a whole
'nother problem to be dealt with.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP