Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I SUM all values in a column where the rows...

I am trying to write a formula that will sum all cells in a column no matter
how long the worksheet becomes. I have this as the current entry:
=SUM(D10:)

What would I enter for the value after the colon?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For versions of Excel prior to Excel 2007:

=SUM(D10:D65536)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200767

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

With XL2003 or lower, you could just use
=SUM(D10:D65536)
For XL2007 it would be
=SUM(D10:D1048576)

It might be better to create a dynamic range
InsertnameDefineName myRange Refers to =D10:INDEX(D:D,COUNTA(D:D))
The use
=SUM(myRange)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"JRThomas" wrote in message
I am trying to write a formula that will sum all cells in a column no
matter
how long the worksheet becomes. I have this as the current entry:
=SUM(D10:)

What would I enter for the value after the colon?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the formula is not in column D, then you could use this:

=SUM(D:D)-SUM(D1:D9)

i.e. add up the complete column and take away any numbers in the first
9 cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"JRThomas" wrote in message

I am trying to write a formula that will sum all cells in a column no
matter
how long the worksheet becomes. *I have this as the current entry:
=SUM(D10:)

What would I enter for the value after the colon?- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or:
=SUM(D:D)-SUM(D1:D9)
--