Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red Red is offline

Default Multiple data forms in a column

This is going to sound silly, but I'm hitting a wall with this seemingly
simple formula.

I have a column of data, lets say its all in column A. In that column there
are a number of different values that could be present, both alpha (by
itself) and numeric (by itself). In column B I want to write a formula that
looks at column A and if the value there is a number, then carry that value
into column B. however if the value in column A is alpha characters, I want
the cell in Column B to remain blank.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"")
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Red" wrote in message
This is going to sound silly, but I'm hitting a wall with this seemingly
simple formula.

I have a column of data, lets say its all in column A. In that column
there
are a number of different values that could be present, both alpha (by
itself) and numeric (by itself). In column B I want to write a formula
that
looks at column A and if the value there is a number, then carry that
value
into column B. however if the value in column A is alpha characters, I
want
the cell in Column B to remain blank.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red Red is offline

Thanks.... now I feel stupid.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"")
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Red" wrote in message
This is going to sound silly, but I'm hitting a wall with this seemingly
simple formula.

I have a column of data, lets say its all in column A. In that column
there
are a number of different values that could be present, both alpha (by
itself) and numeric (by itself). In column B I want to write a formula
that
looks at column A and if the value there is a number, then carry that
value
into column B. however if the value in column A is alpha characters, I
want
the cell in Column B to remain blank.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No need to fell that, we all have a day when the brain takes a vacation!
Sometimes I have two in a row.
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP