steve root

Default Column charts with multiple data in each column

I have five months worth of data that contains a product and their quantity
used. I need a column chart that has the months on the x axis and the
proportion of the product in each column for each month. When I try to make
the chart it throws all the data for all the months into one fat column. Can
anyone help?!?
Tushar Mehta

How are your data laid out? A cross-table with products (or months) as
column headings and months (or products) as row headings? If so, a
100% stacked column chart should do the job.

If you have data in a single table form, i.e., column headings are
month, product, and quantity, create a PivotTable from the data with
month as the row field, product as the column field and quantity as the
data field. Plot this in a PivotChart (or a standard chart based on
the PT).

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions