Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto-fill formulas Excel 2003

I have a simple calculation to make but must enter the formula multiple
times. Is there an easy way to do this?

I am collecting time points from multiple experiments, a t = 0 point and at
fixed intervals thereafter. The number of timepoints varies between
experiments. Showing arbitrary values, my spreadsheet is organized like this
with "Expt" in cell A1:

Expt time data value Calculation Formulas
A 0 1 1.0 =C2/$C$2
A 1 2 2.0 =C3/$C$2
A 2 3 3.0 =C4/$C$2
B 0 1.5 1.0 =C5/$C$5
B 1 2 1.3 =C6/$C$5
B 3 3 2.0 =C7/$C$5
B 4 4 2.7 =C8/$C$5
C 0 1.4 1.0 =C9/$C$9
D 0 1.8 1.0 =C10/$C$10
D 1 2 1.1 =C11/$C$10

What I need to do is calculate the change in values relative to the t = 0
timepoint for each experiment. I can enter the formulas for each t = 0 point
manually and then copy to the relevant cells. Is there an easier way?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One simple play to get there

Source data as posted, from row 2 to 11,
with time in col B

In D2: =IF(B2=0,C2,"")
Copy down to D11

In E2: =D2
In E3: =IF(D3="",E2,D3)
Copy E3 down to E11
(Col E will "fill col D down from above")

Then in F2, copied down: =C2/E2
returns the required results
--
Max
[...]

[...]