dorheldav

Default How do I auto fill formulas

In the past, I could create tables where I entered formulas in 2 cells then
dragged the handle down and Excel would autofill the formula in the correct
increments. Example: rows of weights 175, 165, 155....and columns of
percentages 80%, 70%, 60%...and the formulas would read something like:
=A4*B1, =A4*C1, =A4*D1...in the past (Office97) I would highlight a couple of
cells and drag down the column or across the row and the program would
proceed to enter =A4*E1, =A4*F1 and so son. Now In ExcelXP I just get errors.

What has changed?
CLR

Make the fixed cell an absolute reference........

$A$4*B1 should drag nicely........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABgx3