Anne Troy

Default Auto Fill and Excel 2003

Try using =b2+.0025 instead. The reason it's doing what it's doing is 'cause
it IS increasing by 1, but 1 in percentage is different.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"RogueIT" wrote in message
I have a problem with my autofill on my excel and was hopeing someone could
tell me what I have done or how to fix it.
cells b1:b2 have
5.50%
5.75%
I want to grab the auto fill handle and get that series. However when I
grab
the handle, excel erases what I have in the cells and changes them all to
5.50. when I chose fill series then I get
5.50%
105.50%
205.50%
305.50%
405.50%
505.50%
605.50%
705.50%
805.50%
905.50%
1005.50%
any idea how to get the autofill options to chose series by default
instead
of autofill with copies of the cell?
thanks in advance
RogueIT

Dave Peterson

With 5.50% and 5.75% in B1:B2, I selected both cells, then dragged by the fill
handle and got this:

5.50%
5.75%
6.00%
6.25%
6.50%
6.75%
7.00%
7.25%
7.50%
7.75%
8.00%

But both cells were selected to start--that gives excel something to base the
series on (instead of just using 1).

--

Dave Peterson
CyberTaz

"RogueIT" wrote:

right you highlighted 5.50 and grabbed the autofill handle and brought it
down across 5.75 and went on down. that is what I am doing but when I release

Wrong - reread Dave's post. Select the 2 cells containing the first two
values, _then_ use the Fill Handle to extend the series down.

You can also start with just the 5.50% in B1 selected, then go to
EditFillSeries, select Column & Linear. Specify .0025 as the Step Value and
(based on your example) .8 as the Stop Value, then click OK.

Regards |:)

RogueIT wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson

Nope.

I highlighted (selected) both B1 and B2, then grabbed the fill handle.

RogueIT wrote:

right you highlighted 5.50 and grabbed the autofill handle and brought it
down across 5.75 and went on down. that is what I am doing but when I release
the handle all the cells change to 5.50 and there is nothing for excel to
base the series on at that point because everything is 5.50 percent. any idea
what is wrong?

RogueIT wrote:

[...]

CyberTaz

Glad we could clear it up, & thanks for the touchback!

Regards |:)

"RogueIT" wrote:

Right...I got it now...
thanks dave and taz.