CyberTaz

"RogueIT" wrote:

right you highlighted 5.50 and grabbed the autofill handle and brought it
down across 5.75 and went on down. that is what I am doing but when I release

Wrong - reread Dave's post. Select the 2 cells containing the first two
values, _then_ use the Fill Handle to extend the series down.

You can also start with just the 5.50% in B1 selected, then go to
EditFillSeries, select Column & Linear. Specify .0025 as the Step Value and
(based on your example) .8 as the Stop Value, then click OK.

Regards |:)

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

With 5.50% and 5.75% in B1:B2, I selected both cells, then dragged by the fill
handle and got this:

5.50%
5.75%
6.00%
6.25%
6.50%
6.75%
7.00%
7.25%
7.50%
7.75%
8.00%

But both cells were selected to start--that gives excel something to base the
series on (instead of just using 1).

RogueIT wrote:

I have a problem with my autofill on my excel and was hopeing someone could
tell me what I have done or how to fix it.
cells b1:b2 have
5.50%
5.75%
I want to grab the auto fill handle and get that series. However when I grab
the handle, excel erases what I have in the cells and changes them all to
5.50. when I chose fill series then I get
5.50%
105.50%
205.50%
305.50%
405.50%
505.50%
605.50%
705.50%
805.50%
905.50%
1005.50%
any idea how to get the autofill options to chose series by default instead
of autofill with copies of the cell?
thanks in advance
RogueIT

--