Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Move Specific Data to Another Worksheet

Hi Experts: I'm really lost on this one...This is what I want to do:

On Worksheet 1: I have 32 Locations that have a # of Observations...I want
to take all the lines of data from Worksheet 1 for each separate location
that exceeds the # that is on Worksheet 3 in column H and populate in on
Worksheet 2.

Example of What I Want to Do:

Worksheet 1: Dept Login User Name Location Count of Ob
ABCD 1111 Rufus Good Detroit 4

Worksheet 3, Column H: 2 (4 Exceeds 2) (If the Count of Ob was 2, I don't
want it to select that record)

Worksheet 2: Dept Login User Name Location Count of Ob
ABCD 1111 Rufus Good Detroit 4

I've tried several of the Questions and Replies on this site, and I'm just
getting more and more confused and can't make anything work.

I would be so grateful for any help you can provide. Thank You,
--
jeannie v
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jeannie
I know that you understand what you wrote, but that's because you
understand the subject matter of what you wrote. You say you "have 32
Locations". What is a location? A cell? A row? A column? A sheet? A
workbook?
You say the locations "have a number of Observations."? What constitutes an
Observation? A cell? A row? A column? A sheet? A workbook?
You say "that exceeds the # that is on Worksheet 3 in column H". What row
in Column H?
What you want appears to be easy to do, if what you have and want is
understood. Please post back and provide more information. HTH Otto
"jeannie v" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok...Let me see if I can clarify:

This is all One Workbook

Worksheet 1: The Columns a Dept, Login,User Name, Location and Count of
Ob as noted below

Worksheet 3: Column H is a # that detects how many Obs are Pre-determined
for that location (Detroit) ....Example: Only 2 Obs per Agent in Detroit are
allowed(maximum), but there were 4 Obs performed on Worksheet 1 Data. So, I
want to log on:

Worksheet 2: All lines for Location (Detroit) that Exceed Column H on
Worksheet 3 (2 Obs)

So the result should be: Worksheet 2 should have all lines of data for all
locations from Worksheet 1 that EXCEED the # of Obs pre-determined for that
location on Worksheet 3.

Does this make any sense at all?
--
jeannie v

"jeannie v" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One interp, and a possible formulas solution:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3ai8j
Extract based on dual criteria.xls

In Sheet2,
DV created in A1 to select city

In A2:
=IF($A$1="","",IF(AND(Sheet1!D2=$A$1,Sheet1!E2VLO OKUP($A$1,City,2,0)),ROW(),""))

In B2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,SM ALL($A:$A,ROWS($1:1))))
Copy B2 to F2. Select A2:F2, fill down to cover the max expected extent of
data in Sheet1. Cols B to F returns only the required lines pertaining to the
city selected in A1, satisfying the obs criteria, all lines neatly bunched at
the top.

--
Max
Singapore