Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you use multiple SEARCH functions in one cell

Hi,
I'm trying to write a complicated equation and I need it to search 2
different cells for the word "Sunday". I'm trying to put both in an IF
equation, but they won't both work properly. Here's my example:

=IF(SEARCH("SUNDAY",D28),"",IF(SEARCH("SUNDAY",D25 ),Z23+1,""))

In the above equation, the first function works and leaves the cell blank,
but if the search for "Sunday" is FALSE it returns a #Value! error.

....any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Another one:

=IF(COUNTIF(D28,"*Sunday*"),"",IF(COUNTIF(D25,"*Su nday*"),Z23+1,""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP