Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Soulscream Soulscream is offline

Default Can you use multiple SEARCH functions in one cell

Hey, it worked! Thanks. Can you tell me why it won't work without the
ISNUMBER function out of curiosity?

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SUNDAY",D28)),"",IF(ISNUMBER( SEARCH("SUNDAY",D25)),Z23+1,""))

HTH,
Paul

--

"Soulscream" wrote in message
I'm trying to write a complicated equation and I need it to search 2
different cells for the word "Sunday". I'm trying to put both in an IF
equation, but they won't both work properly. Here's my example:

=IF(SEARCH("SUNDAY",D28),"",IF(SEARCH("SUNDAY",D25 ),Z23+1,""))

In the above equation, the first function works and leaves the cell blank,
but if the search for "Sunday" is FALSE it returns a #Value! error.

...any ideas?