Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple functions on one cell ?

This one is way beyond me....I have a column with numbers varying from 12 or
30 to 800 or so...what I am trying to due is check the column cells for the
number...if the number is greater than 180 then I need to reduce the number
to an integer that is the 'remainder' of the number divided by 180

Or in figures ....cell number is greater than 180 = 678 / 180 = 3.766

now I need to get rid of the 3 and just enter the value of 180 times .766%
= 138 (rounded off)

The whole number 138 is what I need as the result

Again...this is only if the original cell value is greater than 180...179,
32, etc are to be left alone

Thanks, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your column is column A, then try:

=MOD(A1,180) and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007

"Tim R" wrote:

This one is way beyond me....I have a column with numbers varying from 12 or
30 to 800 or so...what I am trying to due is check the column cells for the
number...if the number is greater than 180 then I need to reduce the number
to an integer that is the 'remainder' of the number divided by 180

Or in figures ....cell number is greater than 180 = 678 / 180 = 3.766

now I need to get rid of the 3 and just enter the value of 180 times .766%
= 138 (rounded off)

The whole number 138 is what I need as the result

Again...this is only if the original cell value is greater than 180...179,
32, etc are to be left alone

Thanks, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your numbers start in cell A1 and go down the column, put
this in B1:

=IF(A1<180,A1,ROUND(180*MOD(A1,180),0))

and copy the formula down for as many entries as you have in column A.
You can then fix the values produced by the formula by highlighting
column B, clicking <copy then Edit | Paste Special | Values (check) |
OK then <Enter. Now you will be able to delete column A, leaving you
with the range of values you want.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 23, 11:03 pm, "Tim R" wrote:
This one is way beyond me....I have a column with numbers varying from 12 or
30 to 800 or so...what I am trying to due is check the column cells for the
number...if the number is greater than 180 then I need to reduce the number
to an integer that is the 'remainder' of the number divided by 180

Or in figures ....cell number is greater than 180 = 678 / 180 = 3.766

now I need to get rid of the 3 and just enter the value of 180 times .766%
= 138 (rounded off)

The whole number 138 is what I need as the result

Again...this is only if the original cell value is greater than 180...179,
32, etc are to be left alone

Thanks, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Answering too late at night, I think, Pete. :-)
What he needs (I believe) is just =MOD(A1,180), which gives 138 for his
example input of 678, whereas your formula gives 24840. :-(
--
David Biddulph

ups.com...

On Oct 23, 11:03 pm, "Tim R" wrote:
This one is way beyond me....I have a column with numbers varying from 12
or
30 to 800 or so...what I am trying to due is check the column cells for
the
number...if the number is greater than 180 then I need to reduce the
number
to an integer that is the 'remainder' of the number divided by 180

Or in figures ....cell number is greater than 180 = 678 / 180 = 3.766

now I need to get rid of the 3 and just enter the value of 180 times
.766%
= 138 (rounded off)

The whole number 138 is what I need as the result

Again...this is only if the original cell value is greater than
180...179,
32, etc are to be left alone

Thanks, Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah, you're right David - maybe the post would have been better off
lost in the ether !!

Pete

On Oct 24, 7:46 am, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
Answering too late at night, I think, Pete. :-)
What he needs (I believe) is just =MOD(A1,180), which gives 138 for his
example input of 678, whereas your formula gives 24840. :-(
--
David Biddulph

ups.com...

On Oct 23, 11:03 pm, "Tim R" wrote:
This one is way beyond me....I have a column with numbers varying from 12
or
30 to 800 or so...what I am trying to due is check the column cells for
the
number...if the number is greater than 180 then I need to reduce the
number
to an integer that is the 'remainder' of the number divided by 180

Or in figures ....cell number is greater than 180 = 678 / 180 = 3.766

now I need to get rid of the 3 and just enter the value of 180 times
.766%
= 138 (rounded off)

The whole number 138 is what I need as the result

Again...this is only if the original cell value is greater than
180...179,
32, etc are to be left alone

Thanks, Tim- Hide quoted text -